ARTIST OF THE MONTH – interview with SALVATORE MATARAZZO
1) Tells us something about yourself as an individual and a photographer ? What gear do you personally use for streets ?
I began my photographic career as a photojournalist at a local newspaper, now I take care of communication with my girlfriend and interior photography. The Street Photography for me is a passion. When I’m on street to photograph I use a 5d mark II with a 24-70 mm and the flash off camera.
2) What’s your view and meaning of street photography ?
I think that street photography is an art form and instinctive to remain in time, I choose my subjects and compose my photos with instinct, I’m not afraid to get close to people: I’m taking a photo, a single and unrepeatable moment of your life at this moment you are my hero and I am honored to make you a icon of our times.
3) What do you think of color , sepia and black & white in streets ? Whats ur stronger point ?
When I see a street photography in black and white I can smell and taste of the street. When I see a picture of street I’m gonna color from its colors.
When I see a picture of the street with the HDR or other modes of color I fall in his arms.Street photography in my opinion should be pure and crystalline in the choice of colors, hdr sepia or other forces are just useless.Currently my strong point is the black and white but I could devote myself to even color in the future.
4) What tips that you want to share with “street-o-graphy” group members on street photography ? What’s your favorite tip ..?
The beauty of street photography is that every photographer is free to express themselves as they wish. Before you go out into the street to take pictures you have to know yourself, after your photos will be instinctive and hence more effective
5) Anything about our group “Street-O-Graphy ( be as blunt as you wish ) – The best of streets from around the world” ?
Street-O-Graphy is a large group with great street photographers one of the best groups of facebook
6) Which forum / website we find all of your work ?
To see my full portfolio advice visit my website homepage where you will also find my flickr link: http://www.salvatorematarazzo.com and my fb page: https://www.facebook.com/STREETPHOTOGRAPHYVERSILIA
Lately I’ve been working on a magazine “Street Photography Versilia” are just the number 0 here is the link to view it in PDF format: http://issuu.com/salvatorematarazzo/docs/carnival_isuu
SALVATORE MATARAZZO | Photographer
best regards and congratulations again
Team – Street-o-graphy
In no particular order Winners for Theme – Tarvel ( april 2014 ) are as below
Theme “Travel – April 2014” winner – himanshu thakur
In no particular order Inspirational Images for April 2014 are as below
Super congratulations all ….