A great interview with Orna Naor from Israel
1) Tells us something about yourself as an individual and a photographer ? What gear do you personally use for streets ?
Ans.I am from Tel Aviv, Israel, 54 years old, married with two sons . I use Nikon D7000 with 10-20 lens and Olympus Pen with 9-18 lens. I like the wide angle in street photography.
2) What’s your view and meaning of street photography ?
Ans.I am looking for something that will catch the viewer eye when looking at the photo; either an interesting story, special colors, contrasts of highlights and shadows, relations in the street – between people, objects, animals and whatever is happening – when my focus are the people.
3) What do you think of color , sepia and black & white in streets ? Whats ur stronger point ?
I use colors when I think they are important and add extra value to the photo. Otherwise I prepare B/W. Rarely using Sepia; just when I want to add atmosphere. Trying to edit my photos as less as possible if at all. I really can’t say what’s my stronger point since it depend on the specific photo and what I want to emphasize.
4) What tips that you want to share with “street-o-graphy” group members on street photography ? What’s your favorite tip ..?
Ans.The Main tip is – think. What you want from your photo, where you want it to be, what hour of the day etc.; in the same time, always be ready with your camera to catch and memories passing interesting moments.
5) Anything about our group “Street-O-Graphy ( be as blunt as you wish ) – The best of streets from around the world” ?
Ans.Street-O-Graphy is one of many street groups on FB; each one has it’s own agenda and preferences. I find S.O.P to be a very interesting and diverse group and like to see the members’ photos as well as sharing mine.
6) Which forum / website we find all of your work ?
7) Does street photography have affected your life on day-day in any manner ?
Ans.Today I rarely go out without my camera. I became a kind of a “hunter”.. I think I developed more sensitivity to people – I often stay and talk to the people I shoot and hear all kinds of stories. And one last thing – it became a great passion and part of my life
best regards and congratulations again
Pushkar Raj Sharma
Winners in no particular order for Theme of the Month May 2014 “STREET GAMES” are
TOP inspirational Photographs from Month of May 2014 are as below in no particular order